Our expert team are widely versed in both Microsoft and Google Education Cloud platforms and can support your move to the cloud whilst adhering to your eSafety and GDPR policy.
Why move your systems and services to the cloud:
- has the potential to make services more useful and engaging
- can break down barriers you encounter with older systems, such as remote access
- can lead to a cost saving
- can be more secure
Some of your community will already be experiencing the benefits of having made the move to the cloud including parents, pupils and staff. They will now expect this kind of service in all aspects of their lives.
You may already be using some cloud-based services, such as:
- communication tools - including email, instant messaging, video conferencing and telephony
- new versions of core office applications - including online collaborative versions of word processor, presentation and spreadsheet software
- specialist applications - including HR and finance systems, management information systems (MIS) and curriculum software and content
- back office systems - including document storage, backup, content, filtering and user and device management
- online servers - for example, full versions of school servers hosted online and managed over the internet
Some schools may have everything in the cloud with a server free solution. For others, a ‘hybrid’ approach will be suitable, with a mix of cloud and locally hosted systems or services.
Moving to the cloud can be gradual and specific to your school’s or trust’s requirements.